Okay – maybe I am a bit biased, but I do believe that, as a base, this is the best granola recipe I have tried in a long time. This is a simple granola recipe that leaves plenty of room for creativity and expansion. Add a handful of cashews, carob chips, almonds or pepitas to make the best granola even better!
What you need:
3 cups of uncooked rolled oats
1 cup of sunflower seeds
1 cup of sesame seeds
1 cup of wheat germ
1 cup of honey
½ cup of pure vegetable oil
¼ cup of soy flour
1 tablespoon of pure vanilla
¼ cup of chopped dates if desired
¼ cup of shredded coconuts if desired
½ cup of water
Steps for making the best granola recipe:
1. Heat up the oven to 350 degrees
2. Take a backing sheet and grease it lightly
3. Mix everything except the coconut and into a bowl.
4. Spread out the mixture over the backing sheet evenly.
5. Bake for about 15 or 20 minuets or until it is browned.
6. Add the dates and coconut if desired and mix together.