Try this flavorful and healthy egg breakfast recipe to get your day off to a good start. Eggs are loaded with healthful nutrients including high-quality protein. Enjoy your eggs any way you like them – scrambled, poached, fried, hard-boiled, or made into an omelet. Here is an egg breakfast recipe for Huevos Rancheros.
What you need:
1/2 small red onion
1/2 red bell pepper chopped
2 cups of chopped fresh spinach
1 clove of crushed garlic
1-2 omega eggs
1/2 can of vegetarian refried beans or a 4 oz. blended black or red kidney beans
2 corn tortillas or whole wheat tortillas
1/2 teaspoon of turmeric
1/2 teaspoon of dry sage
1 tablespoon of cumin
Salt and/ or pepper, to taste
1. Heat up the turmeric, cumin and sage on low with one tablespoon of olive oil.
2. Add in the bell pepper, onion, tomatoes and spinach and sautÃ© them together
3. Blend the beans together and sautÃ© them as well.
4. Add a few large tablespoons of the mixture onto the tortillas and then add some vegetables.
5. Poach one or two eggs and add them on top of the beans and veggies and then top it off with some salsa.