Most everyone on the planet knows that spinach is a hugely healthy food. Finding easy spinach recipes that also taste great is often the problem. Of all the easy spinach recipes I have tried, this is the best in terms of health benefits because of the added brain-friendly ingredients. And don’t worry moms, your kids will like it!
Things you need to make Brainy Spinach Pie:
3 or 4 omega-enriched eggs
1 cup of chopped walnuts
1 cup of ricotta cheese
1 chopped small red onion
3 or 4 pressed garlic cloves
2 cups of chopped spinach and arugula
Chopped red bell pepper
½ cup of feta cheese
¼ teaspoon nutmeg
2 teaspoons of sage
2 tablespoons of olive oil
Salt and pepper needed
A pie shell or 6 to 8 sheets of filo dough
Easy Spinach Recipes: Brainy Spinach Pie Steps:
1. Heat up the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Take the onions, garlic and peppers in the olive oil and sauté them together. Then add the spinach.
3. Beat up the eggs and then add the walnuts, ricotta and feta cheese, sauté mixture and seasoning.
4. Use the pie shell or filo pastry and wrap it into the shell.
5. Bake this in a pie dish for about 45 minutes on 375 degrees.